Something I used to dream about when I lived in Nanjing was Reese’s candy. I used to have dreams of Reese’s Cups that tormented me at night. But lo and behold, I moved back to Shanghai and Reese’s were everywhere. Am I a psychic? Who knows, all I know is I have been eating way to many Reese’s Cups in the last 8 months.
Today was one of those “I need a cookie right now or I’ll lose it” type of days, so I decided to combine my two favorite things: Reese’s and Ambitious Kitchen’s Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies (flourless & butterless). Leave it to me to take the “health” out of a “healthy cookie” recipe.
These cookies are great because the recipe is so simple, no butter or flour. They never get hard and crispy, which is an issue I have with your average peanut butter cookies, they almost have a cakey consistency. It only takes about 5 minutes to whip up these bad boys.
I am going to take them to work tomorrow to prevent myself from eating the whole batch. It makes about 20 cookies, so I don’t want to endure the ol’ 20 cookie stomach ache.
- 1 cup of creamy peanut butter
- 2/3 cup oats
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 L eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- about 10 Reese’s cups, chopped
- Mix oats and baking soda in a small bowl, set aside
- Beat peanut butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla with an electric mixer until smooth, about 2 min
- Fold in oats
- Chop up Reese’s cups and stir into batter
- Drop batter by the tablespoon onto a cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake in a 350F oven for about 9 minutes, until the edges are brown
- Let sit on cookie sheet for a few minutes to set, and sprinkle with sea salt if desired
- pig out
These cookies are the best hot out the oven, try not the eat the whole batch in one sitting. I think for my next endeavor I will do something with brown butter. YUM.