I’ve never been a big PB&J fan, but peanut butter and chocolate is a different story. I whipped up a batch of these peanut butter chocolate chunk muffins to satisfy in pretty much insatiable sweet tooth. I might have put a tiny bit too much chocolate in these. HA! kidding that’s not even a thing.
These muffins are really easy to throw together, and really rich and tasty. It almost taste like a cookie in muffin form. So delicious. Great for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, pretty much just great.
- 3/4 cup AP flour
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 t baking powder
- 1/4 t salt
- 1 T unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup almond milk (or regular milk)
- a few Hershey’s dark chocolate bars, roughly chopped
- In a medium bowl, sift together flours, baking powder and salt
- In another medium bowl, cream together butter, peanut butter and sugar until fluffy. Add the egg and mix thoroughly, then add milk and mix again.
- Stir together the wet and dry ingredients until just combined, stir in chocolate chunks
- Spoon batter into a 6 cup muffin tin
- Bake in an oven preheated to 425 for about 5 minutes. Turn the temperature down to 375 and bake for another 12-15 minutes.
- Check for doneness with a toothpick, when it comes out clean they are done. Cool in the muffin tin for a few minutes, then move to wire rack to cool completely.
- Pig out
I’ll keep this post short and sweet. Not really much to say other than I am now pregnant with a muffin food baby.
Also, the World Cup starts this week, and for those of you who don’t know me personally, it is my favorite sporting event/any event in the world, ever, period. Hope you’re all as excited as I am! U-S-A U-S-A U-S-A!